10.30.2008

Halloween Through the Years

My sister Christie posted something similar to this last year, which served as my inspiration to see what sort photos of Halloween costumes from years past we could dig up.

Vampire (1987)
Those piercing eyes, that porcelain skin, those silky locks. Yes, the truth must come out: I was Stephenie Meyers' inspiration for Edward Cullen.

Astronaut (1988)
I couldn't find any photos of me in the astronaut costume from Halloween, so we will have to settle for when I starred as Neil Armstrong in our school play about the 1960's the next spring (after a bit of a growth spurt as you can see).









Football Player (1989/1992)
For some reason, this is the only photo of Kristen in a Halloween costume as a child, but further proof that we were meant to be.

Grim Reaper (1991)
I don't remember Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey being the inspiration for this costume, but it did come out the same year. Hmm...











Edward Scissorhands (1997)

One of my more ingenious costumes, if I do say so myself. My mom had to be wondering where all her scissors kept disappearing to in the weeks leading up to Halloween. My assignment at our friends' Halloween party that year? Opening bags of candy, of course.







Random Ghoul (2001)

Quite the interesting assemblage of characters we were, getting ready for the Howl at USU. Ghouls have to stay in shape too, as evidenced by my warmup pants and sneakers.

Old Lady (2003)
Kristen's costume for a night of cashiering at Sam's Club not long after we started dating. She came over after work, and my roommate Drew was seriously freaked out when he answered the door. Then we watched the first 20 minutes of Willard. Man, what a movie.







Witch/Clark Kent (2006)

I know what you are thinking: Kristen is very convincing as a witch, and why does Superman have a gut?













And finally, our costumes from last year can be found here.

4 comments:

Krissy said...

In Drew's defense, I didn't knock on the door, but just came right in. So he thought some old lady just walked into their house late at night. I'd be freaked out, too.

And I'm not sure why there are no Halloween photos of me as a child. I kept trick-or-treating until I was 17, so there ought to be some somewhere...

I would also like to add that I didn't have ridiculously broad shoulders as a 7 year old football player... but my mom made me wear my coat underneath the pads.

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see the costumes this year..

Christie said...

Did you notice that the pumpkin in the background of the 1st one looks exactly like you?

I was trying to figure out if that could really be Kristen inside that big football player suit..

Dave said...

Yes I believe I painted that pumpkin. I guess I was just practicing for applying my makeup.