2.27.2008

A Very Star Wars Birthday: Classic Trilogy Edition

Last year, Kristen made the mistake of asking me if I could come up with "a few" Star Wars-themed birthday quotes that she could use to decorate her co-worker's office with. I quickly got online with my friend Ben, who shares my affinity for quoting Star Wars, and we proceeded to brainstorm.

Needless to say, Kristen was a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of quotes we came up with, but they ended up being a big hit with her co-worker. I made sure to save the list, and a few days ago I stumbled back upon it. Well, now I have the perfect outlet for such things. The classic trilogy edition makes its debut first, with the prequel trilogy edition to follow shortly. Feel free to add your own quotes in the comments.

Luke: Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, it's time for birthday cake...Uncle Owen? Aunt Beru?

Darth Vader: And now your highness, we will discuss the location of my hidden birthday presents.

Obi Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in a chorus of happy birthday, then were suddenly silenced.

C3PO: Artoo says that the chances of having a happy birthday are 725 to 1. Actually, Artoo has been known to make mistakes...from time to time...oh dear, oh dear...

Han Solo: Even scruffy looking nerf herders deserve a happy birthday.

General Veers: My Lord, I've reached the birthday presents. The wrapping will be off in moments, you may start your celebrating.

Yoda: All his life has he looked away, to his birthday, to the horizon.

Boba Fett: Put the presents in the cargo hold.

Jabba: This birthday boy is my kind of scum...fearless and inventive.

Yoda: Told you about your surprise party, did he?
Luke: Yes.
Yoda: Unexpected this is, and unfortunate.

Ewok: Yub nub, mesa yub nub.

Luke: Never. I'll never open my presents before my birthday. You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

10 comments:

Ben said...

Vader ftw!

Cheryl said...

Luke to Uncle Owen: But I wanted to go the Tosche station to pickup some birthday presents.

Cheryl said...

Obi to the Storm Troopers: there's not a surprise party.

robmba said...

Luke: Will you shut up and listen to me! Shut down all the garbage smashers on the detention level, will ya? Do you copy? Shut down all the garbage smashers on the detention level! Shut down all the garbage smashers on the detention level!
C-3PO: [to R2-D2] No! Shut them *all* down, hurry!
[R2 shuts down the compactors]
Luke: What? HAHA! Hey, you did it 3PO!
[Luke, Leia and Han start laughing hysterically; it sounds like screaming]
C-3PO: Listen to them, they're dying R2! Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough, it's all my fault! My poor Master. You might as well turn the garbage smashers back on, R2. We're too late.
[R2 reactivates the compactors]
[Luke, Leia and Han start screaming hysterically]
[R2 shuts down the compactors again]
C-3PO: Just kidding! Surprise! Happy Birthday!

Christie said...

Nice one Rob.

"help me obi wan kenobi, its my birthday.. & you're my only hope"

ScottBoomer said...

Did you do this on company time?

Dave said...

I'm kind of surprised no one, including me, has thought of a good quote for the whole "I am your father" scene, until now. Here are two I just thought of...

Darth Vader: I am your father.
Luke: No! That's not true! That's impossible! However, if it is true, you owe me 23 birthday presents.

or...

Darth Vader: I am your father.
Luke: Daddy!
(they embrace)
Darth Vader: Happy birthday son, I've missed you. Sorry about your hand.

robmba said...

I'll get you a new hand for your birthday.

robmba said...

[Han] I'm sure Luke wasn't on that thing when it blew.

[Leia] He wasn't. I can feel it.

[Han] You love him, don't you?

[Leia] Well, yes.

[Han] All right. I understand. When he comes back, I won't get in the way.

[Leia] No, it's not like that at all. It's his birthday. And mine. He's my twin brother.

[Han] But I didn't get you anything.

[Leia] That's okay. My present is to be with you and to know that the Death Star is destroyed at last.

[Han] I love you.

[Leia] I know. But don't think you don't owe me a really good Christmas present. After all, the odds against Christmas being Christmas are 365 to 1.

[Bells begin ringing off in the distance.]

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm afraid that the birthday party will be quite operational, when your friends arrive...