2.29.2008

Cravings Galore

By now, you all should know that I am pregnant (and therefore, crazy). Hopefully you have also noticed one of the newest features on our blog: “krissy’s craving of the week.” Well this week’s is a little too complicated to simply post a photo… so here’s my story:

It all started just a few weeks ago when I was brushing my teeth, getting ready for bed. Now I realize that tooth brushing is an odd detail to include, and I only include it because it was an odd time to suddenly, desperately, want lemonade. I would generally consider lemonade a summertime, mid-day sort of beverage. But here I was, brushing my teeth in the middle of winter, wishing for lemonade.

And so it began.

Last week, the next craving surfaced: potato salad. Luckily, it was only a few days before my mom was coming up for a visit. So, I buttered her up and convinced her to bring me some potato salad (because Mom’s potato salad is better than any other and this was not a craving that could be satisfied with mediocre potato salad). She brought it and it was just as good as I hoped. Since Dave doesn’t like it, I got to eat it straight from the bowl with a nice big glass of lemonade to wash it down.

This week, I was hit by a hankering for fried chicken. I’m not talking just any fried chicken… I’m talking the super-greasy kind you buy at the grocery store deli. Mmm… just thinking about that crunchy, greasy, deliciously artery-clogging chicken makes me want to head for KFC right now.

Well, when this most recent craving emerged, I realized that I’m not just craving random foods. No, I’m craving Spring – fried chicken, potato salad, and lemonade… sunshine, flip-flops, and picnics. What’s next? Popsicles? Let’s hope so…

I don’t care if it’s February! I don’t care if it is snowing. I don’t care if I can see my breath. Dang it! It is Spring! I will wear my short sleeves, capris, and sandals and I will enjoy every minute of it (no matter how cold I get). And as soon as the lawn thaws, you’re all invited over for a picnic!

2 comments:

Christie said...

We're going for a picnic in the park today. Joshua and his little friend were playing outside yesterday & I went out to find that both of them had taken their shoes and socks off... You're not alone in your spring craving.. :-)

Jennie said...

that is great! love the craving stories! thanks for sharing them!