2.06.2008

Edgeology

Thanks to the strong response I got from Bonology, I decided to do a poll for The Edge as well. It was a little harder to come up with good images and quotes for The Edge, so sorry Adam and Larry, you are out of luck.

Fledgling Edge

Facial Hair: None
Clothes: T-shirt, Vest
Headwear: None (but desperately needed)
Hobby: Figuring out what someone named The Edge sounds like.

"Could you pass the salt, The Edge?"

Amish Edge

Facial Hair: 5 o' clock shadow
Clothes: Sport Coat, Bolo Tie
Headwear: Fedora
Hobby: Playing the guitar with so much delay, some riffs still haven't caught up to us

"Okay Edge, play the blues."


Achtung Edge

Facial Hair: Goatee
Clothes: Sequined Pants, Wife Beater
Headwear: Beanie
Hobby: Chopping down the Joshua Tree

"Don't project, don't connect, protect, don't expect, suggest."

Cowboy Edge

Facial Hair: Fu Manchu
Clothes: Mr. The Edge Shirt, Boots
Headwear: Cowboy Hat
Hobby: Trying not to sound like The Edge

"That's Mr. The Edge to you."



Modern Edge

Facial Hair: Goatee
Clothes: T-shirt, Jeans
Headwear: Beanie
Hobby: Dismantling atomic bombs

"Beneath the noise, below the din, I hear your voice, it's whispering."

10 comments:

Krissy said...

I voted for "Modern Edge." He definitely has improved his style over time and now I manage to NOT cringe when he takes the stage, which is a big step for me.

By the way, I am disappointed that we won't have a Larry poll. I would definitely vote for "Grease Monkey Larry." I'm not sure what era that is since he always looks a little greasy. Clearly, unlike Bono and The Edge, Larry found one great style that worked for him and stuck with it.

Ben said...

I voted for "Achtung Edge"

This is my "The Edge"...half because I don't recognize many of the other versions (due to my U2 apathy) the other half due to the visual of The Edge singing "Numb" with feet all up in his grill. That is the epitome of "The Edge"

Ben said...

From the mouth of Becky:

"I decided to vote for Achtung Edge because his sequined pants support the good cause of the bedazzler"

Cheryl said...

Gotta go with the Modern Edge, he finally got it together. Love the beanie.

Christie said...

Does this mean I am stuck in the past? The Amish Edge all the way. Although the modern Edge is hot, its all about the Joshua Tree.
Play the blues..

robmba said...

fledgling - so young and innocent looking

Unknown said...

I had chosen my favorite Edge prior to your poll. I choose the modern edge.

http://peartree4000.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-favorite-edge.html

He hasn't really changed much in the past 10 years. I think he has found his niche in T-Shirts and Tukes.

Dave said...

Certain men were born to wear cowboy hats. The Edge is one of them.

ScottBoomer said...

I liked Amish Edge and Modern Edge, but in the end I had to go with Cowboy Edge, I think he and I have the most in common.

Caitlinp said...

So, I voted for "Fledgling The Edge." I'm not sure exactly why, it could be the lack of facial hair.