2.17.2008

Two Years in the Making

For Christmas 2005, my parents gave me a sewing machine and the pattern and fabric to make a rag quilt. I started working on the quilt right away and made a lot of progress. But, I soon got distracted/discouraged and set it aside. Since then, I have used my sewing machine to make several skirts, mend some of Dave's shirts, and create pillow shams for our throw pillows.

Last weekend in our attempts to get our house organized so that we'll have room for Smidgen and all of Smidgen's stuff, I came across my sewing stuff and the mostly-finished quilt. I was amazed at how close I was to finishing it when I gave up. I decided that since storage space is at a premium in our tiny abode, there just wasn't enough room to store two bags full of quilt parts and batting. So I decided that the quilt had to be finished before Smidgen's birthday.

On Friday, I had a day off, so I spent the day sewing. Two long years later, it only took me 3-4 hours to finish it up.

2 comments:

Christie said...

So cute-- I can just see the Smidgen rolling around on his blankie..

Steve&Melissa said...

That is adorable! And it goes so well in the nursery. :)