2.23.2009

Wanted: Freelance Clients

For those who haven't heard, my employer, Salt City Candle, recently announced that due to slowing sales in the poor economy, they are cutting everyone's full-time hours from 40 to 32. This change has been put in place "until further notice"—basically until things start to pick up again. While this kinda stinks, I am grateful that I at least still have a job, which is more than a lot of people can say right now. But in the meantime, Kristen and I are looking for ways to make up for this lost income.

Kristen has recently started doing some part time work for our brother-in-law, Chris. As for me, I have decided to start actively seeking out freelance work. If you happen to know of anyone that needs any graphic design work done, the referral would be greatly appreciated. Although I am still making little updates here and there, my new portfolio website is up and running at www.davebartondesign.com.

2 comments:

Ben said...

That sucks about your hours. Nice portfolio.

Dave said...

Hey, thanks for the completely unsolicited comment!