12.18.2008

Chocolate Cookie Bark

A couple years ago, I found this recipe in the Kraft Food & Family magazine and thought it was great. This year, I made a few batches to take to our neighbors and the sisters that I go visiting teaching to. The only problem is that I am such a sugar addict that I can't stop myself from eating it when it's in our house. So some of the people we had intended to take a treat to are not getting one because I ate it already.

If you can keep yourself from eating it all, one batch would probably make three small plates worth. I made three batches and only gave away three small plates. The rest ended up on my waistline. Enjoy!

• 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
• 1 pkg. (6 squares) white chocolate, melted
• 1 pkg. (8 squares) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
• 10 Oreo cookies, crumbled, divided

Add peanut butter to the white chocolate; stir until well blended. Stir half the cookies into each bowl of chocolate. Drop spoonfuls of each mixture onto a waxed paper covered baking sheet, alternating colors of chocolate. Swirl with knife. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces.

No comments: