7.03.2008

Two Months Old

Today is Eddie's two-month birthday. It seems like just yesterday that the kid was kicking me in the ribs. Today was also the day he had to get his first set of shots, something which I was very apprehensive about. I think he got vaccines for about seven diseases in the form of three shots to the thighs (adorned with three Dora band-aids) and one that he had to swallow. He was a pretty good sport and was actually the most angry when the nurse tried to measure his head circumference. I guess Barton boys are a little sensitive about their head size.

Apparently we have a big boy. He is now 11 pounds 14 ounces, 23.2 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 70th for height. I suspected as much because he is already wearing 6-month pajamas and I started buying the kind without built-in feet so he wouldn't grow out of them so fast.

Since my last post about Ed's development, he has learned to smile when we do stupid things and he even has this little 'almost-laugh' that he does. It's really more of a cough. He occasionally sleeps for a 5-6 hour stretch in the night, but still insists on being our unofficial alarm clock (set at 6:15 AM). He has also learned how to blow milk out his nose (which was quite alarming the first time it happened, but now is a normal occurrence). Truly he is a boy of many talents.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

What a cutie! He is getting so big!

Heather Dayton said...

Oh! Two month shots...how sad - I don't even want to think about those for Taylor. Did you cry? He is adorable by the way...I can't believe how big he is next to the newborn.

Amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast they grow. He is so adorable. I am glad that he is letting you sleep a little bit more. I know how you feel about the shots, yuck!