1.20.2008

Let The Olympus Games Begin

It has taken a few weeks, but I finally have my last Christmas present. I got money from both of our parents to help me get a digital SLR camera. I have long coveted such a camera, but with a baby coming in May, I figured now was as good a time as any to get one. After much deliberation and reading of internet reviews, I decided on the Olympus Evolt E-510.

The road to getting the camera turned out to be a little bumpy. First there was a near miss with a scam website. Word to the wise, stay away from Broadway Photo. Next, the ineptitude of UPS caused me to have to wait a few more days still. But Friday I was finally able to pick it up, so I have been fiddling around with it over the weekend.

In addition to taking pretentious self portraits, I am looking forward to getting out and doing some casual shooting, which I haven't really done much of lately. I am also excited to take hundreds of shots of Smidgen, which are surely destined to fill up this blog.

It is actually a little bittersweet retiring the old Toshiba. It has been with me on adventures to such exotic locales as Switzerland, Italy, New York, San Francisco, the Salt Flats, and Spiral Jetty. Maybe I won't retire it completely. It can be Smidgen's first camera.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i love new toys! and a camera is one of the best kind!

enjoy! i hope you love it!