1.22.2008

Cupcake Calamity

My friend Marc invited us over to their place to watch/heckle the new American Gladiators on Monday night. We were charged with bringing some sort of dessert for the festivities. After some serious brainstorming, we decided to bring cupcakes frosted in red, white, and blue, spelling out "AMERICAN GLADIATORS." Kristen had the day off so she made them.

After dinner, I started pulling the cupcakes out so I could line them all up and take a photo of our handiwork. But not all the cupcakes fit in one container, and as I was reaching for the second container with the final four letters, I accidentally knocked if off the counter. And of course, it landed face down, leaving most of the frosting letters stuck to the lid. So now our cupcakes spelled out "AMERICAN GLADIA----"

Luckily, I am trained in Photoshop for just such an emergency...

4 comments:

Christie said...

I was wondering if you would be watching the new "AG" I should have known that not only would you watch but would celebrate the occasion with a get together AND cupcakes.

Was it as good as the original?

Dave said...

Just as cheesy as the original, but with better production values. Oh, and Hulk Hogan.

ScottBoomer said...

American Gladiators Rule!

Jennie said...

that is funny! great story!!