1.14.2008

Good News from Pregnancy-ville!

I realize that I haven't exactly been a ray of sunshine thus far in my pregnancy, so I thought I'd post some good news for once! I had an appointment this morning with my midwife, Leissa. As many of you know, I had actually lost weight during my first trimester and still hadn't gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight (thanks to morning sickness and my non-existent immune system). Well, as of today, I have officially gained two pounds! I never thought I would be excited about gaining weight, but as I've gained about 1/5 of what people normally have by 23 weeks, I figure that any gain is worth celebrating (perhaps with a cheeseburger).

As for Smidgen, he is healthy and strong and growing just as he should be. I even measured a little big for 23 weeks. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't mean he's going to be a big baby. I'm aiming for a 7 pounder. Of course, I'll take whatever I get.

No comments: