1.31.2008

Bonology

I felt inspired to post this Bono chronology or "Bonology" after Kristen's comments about Bono's bad fashion sense over the years. Feel free to vote for your favorite Bono in the poll to the right, and elaborate on your choices in the comments.

Mullet Bono

Hair: Mullet with blond highlights
Clothes: Sleeveless shirt, boots
Shades: No
Hobby: Waving white flags

"How long must we sing this song?"



Pirate Bono

Hair: Long, all one length
Clothes: Vest, pirate pants, sometimes a cowboy hat
Shades: No
Hobby: Discovering America

"Charles Manson stole this song from the Beatles, we're stealin' it back."

"The Fly" Bono

Hair: Greased back
Clothes: Black leather from head to toe
Shades: Yes, first appearance
Hobby: Being ironic

"Even better than the real thing."



Muscle Bono

Hair: Buzz cut
Clothes: Muscle shirt
Shades: Yes
Hobby: Being a little too ironic. Oh the irony.

"New York, London, Paris, Munich, everybody talk about pop music."

Modern Bono

Hair: Presumably dyed
Clothes: Jacket, t-shirt
Shades: Yes
Hobby: Saving the world

"Uno, dos, tres, catorce."

13 comments:

Christie said...

I love them all. I admit, I've always had a crush on Bono. My vote is for the mullet Bono waving the flag- because that's where it all began. :-)

Ben said...

Dave I had to go with the Fly Bono. To me, that was the peak of giving-a-crap-about-U2 era...which as you might be able to tell, was never really very high.

Krissy said...

Oh, Muscle Bono... I have to admit, this is a Bono I have never seen before, but is too good to pass up. Of course, if I had to watch an entire concert video featuring Muscle Bono (especially if there was a complimentary "Muscle Edge"), I might change my mind and vote for "I hate them all."

Sorry, but short sweaty Irish guys just don't do it for me.

Cheryl said...

I voted for Fly Bono, gotta love the leather.

Ben said...

Becky says: "I like Pirate Bono because that look epitomizes "cool guy" of the early 90's. It's just so awful to look at and know when he looked in the mirror that day he though, "Yeah, this is it; in your face Eddie Vedder."

Justin said...

A Pirate because YOHO Fiddly Dee A Pirate's Life is the Life for me!!

robmba said...

Voting on which Bono is the best is moot. Angus Young from AC/DC has an unbeatable style.
Angus

Dave said...

It was a tough choice, but I'm going to have to go with the "The Fly," who managed to turn everything we knew about Bono on its head. He set the standard for all future Bonos to follow.

Plus Kristen might kick me out of the house if I voted for Pirate Bono.

ScottBoomer said...

Muscle shirt, hands down the best one ever. Plus that's what he wore when he was on the Simpsons.

Caitlinp said...

I had to go with Muscle Bono because, like Krissy, this is a side of him I have never seen before. AND, if you were to mix Muscle and Pirate Bono it would look eerily like "Slim Goodbody" from back-in-the-day PBS. Does anyone else remember him? He had the full body leotard with muscles and bones on one side and organs on the other. Oh, that was good television.

ScottBoomer said...

Lariann liked "Muscle", my brother Greg liked "Mullet" and my sister Alison went with "I hate them all". Just so ya know.

Unknown said...

Hi - ScottBoomer's sister-in-law here. I love The Fly Bono. This is where I fell in love with him. He was always around, I always knew who he was, but The Fly was where I truly fell in love.

I'm a little disapointed that there was no Macphisto Bono... How can you ever go wrong with a gold suit and red horns?!?

*** If you want to see Macphisto Bono you can look at my blog later and see his wonders - this has inspired my own Bono Post because I do love him so. http://peartree4000.blogspot.com/ ***

I personally love ALL the Bono styles over the years because even though we look at them now and think "EeeGad! What was he thinking!!" back then that was IT.

freedom said...

Bono rocks no matter what he wears!!!