7.06.2011

Alpine Loop

On Monday morning Kristen and I were pondering how we should spend our holiday, so I pulled out the new Utah road atlas I got for my birthday. The very first entry in the "family outing" section was the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. Soon we had packed up the car and were on our way to Utah County (not a phrase I type very often).

Before we could drive the loop we stopped at Canyon Glen Park in Provo Canyon for a picnic. Kristen and I enjoyed some tasty sandwiches from The Italian Place in Orem, Violet scarfed her sweet potatoes, and Eddie found eating to be a burden.

Special thanks to Kristen for manning the camera here so I could actually appear in a photo with both of the kids.

The park's drinking fountain didn't instill a lot of confidence.

After a quick stop at Bridal Veil Falls, we took Highway 92 through the Wasatch Range, passing Sundance Resort and Timpanogos Cave National Monument along the way.

While Violet was having "tea time" in the car with Kristen, Eddie and I went for a short hike. As I snapped photos of him from behind, he chastised me, "You keep walking, Daddy!"

No comments: