2.08.2011

Violet's Two Week Stats

Violet is now over two weeks old! I feel like we're finally starting to get into a routine and find our new "normal." Eddie has stopped being insanely sensitive (most of the time) and still loves his baby sister. He likes to get right in front of her face and say, "Hi Biolet!" Despite his roughness with her, she seems to really like him until he attempts to crush her or dump her on the floor. I tell him he needs to be nice to her and he always replies with, "I don't want to." So we're working on that. I don't trust him with her, and have had a few scary moments when I leave him unattended thinking he is quietly watching TV when really he has gone upstairs to pull Violet's arms so that she'll wake up.

Today, Eddie and I took Violet in for her two week checkup. This was a momentous occasion because it is the first time I have ventured out with both children when we weren't just going through a drive-thru. It would have gone without a hitch if the wind hadn't been so cold. Eddie was hysterical by the time we jogged into the warmth of the hospital and refused to go any further, so I ended up carrying both kids into the elevator, drawing many sympathetic looks from people. (By the way, I imagine that jogging and/or carrying 40+ pounds are things that should not be done by a woman at 2 weeks postpartum and I will be regretting it later today.) Once we were inside and up the elevator, Eddie calmed down and the rest of the appointment went well (until we had to walk back to the car).

Violet weighed in at 9 pounds 3 ounces, which is 8 ounces above her birth weight. She is in the 77th percentile for weight. She measured 21.5 inches, which puts her in the 86th percentile. Her head measured exactly the same as at birth, which apparently is a little big (72nd percentile).

On Sunday (her official two-week mark), Dave took some photos of Violet. Everyone says she looks like Eddie, but I think she looks more like me than he does. I'll have to find some of my baby photos to post as a comparison. In the meantime, here's our beautiful girl:




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow she really does look like Eddie!

Not that she doesn't look like you.

Hali said...

You can tell they are siblings, but I agree with you, I think she looks a lot like you!

Christie said...

That's funny.. I was just commenting on FB that she looks like Eddie but Eddie always looked like Dave and she looks more like you. Maybe Eddie looked like you the whole time..

Have you thought about a double stroller? :-)

Krissy said...

I really do need a double stroller. I was hoping I could make it to spring before getting one, but I really might need one sooner since Eddie is quite stubborn if he doesn't want to walk.

I was a little disappointed that none of those sympathetic people offered to help me out. Seriously, people!

Heather Dayton said...

Love the pictures. She is so adorable! And...I know how you feel - I still end up carrying two kids a lot of the time - well sometimes it is carrying one and the other one sort of being half dragged/half carried as I try to keep him from running away from me in a parking lot...fun times! The good news is that you won't be 2 weeks postpartum and carrying two kids for long... :)