3.06.2008

A Real Ode

Not to steal Dave's thunder from his Ode to Muddy Buddies... but today as I pondered the soon-to-be empty Tums container at our house, I decided that I should create a tribute to one of my favorite products of all time. As you will see, I had a lot of time on my hands today, but it allowed me to give my brain a much needed workout. Please note that this ode is written in iambic pentameter (nerd alert!) and even rhymes (sort of). So, without further ado, here is my Ode to Tums Smooth Dissolve:

O! The wonder of Tums Smooth Dissolve!
Always fruity, delightfully good,
you soothe my burning as you absolve
me from my misery. I have withstood
the spicy (and the not-so-spicy) fare
that Dave creates each day for me
because of your magical properties.
You bring me comfort, uncommon and rare,
as you lull my esophagus to sleep.
I’ll prize you e’er for putting me at ease!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I go through a couple of those bottles each pregnancy. :) Definitely a life saver! And one warning...do not try the generic store brand. They may be a little cheaper but frankly I think they are disgusting, whereas the Tums...I can eat them like candy!

Christie said...

My favorites are actually the target brand mixed berry ones..

Luckily the heartburn will go away as soon as the baby is born..

Krissy said...

That's good news. My new philosophy is "a Pepcid a day keeps the heartburn away." I take one before dinner and then I don't have to get up in the night to take Tums. But still, the Tums are a fabulous back-up. They're like Smarties!