9.20.2009

Almost a Great Weekend

We almost went to see Boyz II Men and sing along to all their biggest hits at the Utah State Fair on Friday night. It almost would have made for a classic blog post.

We almost went to the new Olive Garden that just opened by our house, but changed our plans due to the huge crowds and excessive wait. Instead we checked out the nearby Mark Anthony's Italian Restaurant in Riverton. It was almost as good.

We almost ditched Eddie for a weekend road trip to see the Yankees take on the Angels in Southern California.

BYU and Utah "almost" busted the BCS. Allow me to speak for the 1% of the state that isn't a Ute or Cougar fan when I say I'm glad we don't have to endure the nonstop speculation for the rest of the season.

Kristen and her mom almost ran the Daybreak 5K. They walked it instead. Not that I am pointing fingers—I almost joined them, but chose to sit on the sidelines with Eddie instead.

I am almost ready to commit to training for next year's community triathlon.

Almost.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

almost is still more than not.. and you guys can always come to the Sandy OG!! I'll take good care of you.

Christie said...

I also fall in to the 1%. Go aggies. They almost won.. ha!

Nice post.

Ben said...

I almost shed a tear for BYU...almost

ScottBoomer said...

My weekend was. I went to Denver for a couple of Rockies Cardinals games and they clinched the NL central. Weber State did win as did Utah. Where you "almost do" I just "do".