5.07.2008

Yellow Belly

We took Edward in to the pediatrician yesterday for a quick check-up. He was starting to get a little jaundice, so they tested his blood, and his bilirubin levels were high enough that he gets his very own mini tanning bed. He was not happy when we first put him under the lights last night, but he gradually got used to it, and is already looking less yellow this morning. He has to stay in there except when being fed and changed until Thursday morning, when they will test him again.

4 comments:

Christie said...

Oh that's no fun. Josh and Neil both spent time under the lights. Hopefully it will be cleared up quickly..

Cheryl said...

My kids have never been under the lights before, at least he can do it at home and not have to go back to the hospital.

robmba said...

Do you get to keep the hairnet for him when you return the tanning bed?

Ben said...

I was an under-the-lights baby too. Sounds like Edward and I are kindred spirits, to quote Anne of Green Gables (I don't have to turn in my man card for quoting Anne of Green Gables, do I?)