9.05.2012

First Day


Today was Eddie's first day of Pre-K. He is going to Aspen Preschool in Riverton three days a week. We loved his school last year, but since he was in the same class as some of his closest friends, he was a bit of a trouble-maker. So for this year, I decided we should expand his social circle and put him in a school where he didn't know anyone in advance.

There are 12 kids in his class, and from what I saw when I dropped him off, most of them are boys. Since most of his friends thus far have been girls, I am excited for him to become friends with a variety of boys.

I am particularly excited about this school year because not only will Eddie be reviewing all his letters, colors, and shapes, but he'll also be learning some sign language and some Spanish.


I could tell that Eddie was both nervous and excited about his first day. But he was brave when I walked him into school and asked if he was okay for me to leave. He said, "yep," gave me a kiss, and promptly went to find something to play with. Violet wasn't as okay with it. She wanted to stay at "schoo" with her brother.

After school got out, we celebrated by going to Noodles & Co for lunch. Eddie said that his favorite thing about his new school was playing on the playground. He was also happy to tell me that there is a boy in his class who is "funny just like me."

3 comments:

Hali said...

How cute!! It sounds like his day went really well.

Caitlinp said...

Cool kid. Cool Mom. Can't you just send Violet in Eddie's backpack?

ScottBoomer said...

Another kid as funny as Ed? I don't believe it.