3.09.2012

Sewing Projects

I love to sew. And I love it even more now that I have a new sewing machine. I have meant to post photos of some of the projects I completed for Christmas, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Until now. You can blame Pinterest.

I made aprons for my nieces. Here is Riley modeling hers.
I made hooded towels for Eddie & Violet. Here is Ed's: red with dinosaur print.
And this is Violet's: purple with crazy owl print.
I resisted joining Pinterest for a long time because I knew what would happen when I did. I signed up two weeks ago and since then, I have been compiling a giant list of projects I want to do. Here is my first one:


I got ideas from browsing Pinterest and combined several to make one cute shirt for Violet. This started out as a boys long-sleeve onesie. It fit Violet well, so I chopped off the bottom and added to the hem with part of an old tank top. I shortened the sleeves. Then I got really adventurous and did a reverse applique of a giraffe. I found the image online, printed it, traced it backwards onto the tank top fabric, then pinned it inside the shirt. Then I sewed around each part of the giraffe using tiny stitches on my sewing machine. Then I cut away the front fabric inside the image to reveal the fabric underneath. It got a little complicated and didn't turn out perfect, but it is pretty cute for my first attempt. I might start reverse applique-ing everything now. And I plan to replace the blue buttons with pink so that it looks a little more girly.

Violet really wanted to grab the camera instead of posing for me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That is so cute and I can't believe you did that. Can we hang out and be sewing buddies? I want to do projects with you.