10.10.2011

Southern Utah Photo Journal

This past weekend we dropped Eddie off with his grandparents in Cedar City and headed down to St. George to enjoy a mostly kidless weekend at our friend's condo. The six of us (with two babies in tow) recharged our parental batteries playing mini golf, shopping at the outlets, eating out, and soaking in the community hot tub. To top it off, I took a bunch of photos that didn't relate to any of it.

In a post about our trip to Southern Utah in late April, I referred to driving through Parowan and seeing a bear fighting two elk in someone's front yard. Ever since then I have regretted not stopping to take a photo, so I determined it was high time to right this wrong. As I climbed out of the car, I noticed the neighbors across the street sitting on their front porch. I was hoping to be discreet, but they immediately knew what I was up to and called out, "Jerry's not home. You can just go right into his yard."

On the heels of the announcement that Arrested Development is returning, while driving around town we stumbled upon the headquarters for Bob Loblaw's Law Blog. A great place to lob law bombs, I'd imagine.

Photoshop 1.0, located in downtown St. George.

With a hip-hip and a clippity-clop, he's out looking for a head to swap, so don't try to figure out a plan, you can't reason with a headless man

The condo where we were staying was in the same neighborhood as my Grandparents' old house. Even though they haven't lived there for 15+ years (and my grandpa has since passed on), the entrance to Bloomington Hills and turn onto Osage Circle was as familiar as ever—it will always be their house to me. I thought about knocking on the door and asking if I could have a root beer popsicle and play Space Invaders, but then, maybe the current residents aren't as accomodating as "Jerry."

3 comments:

Krissy said...

I think that Jerry's bear and elk are my all-time favorite yard decor items. When we have our own yard, I hope we will take that idea even further. Maybe we could get some rabid monkeys to perch in the trees or a lion devouring a zebra.

Oh yeah, the weekend was fun, too.

Hali said...

I can't believe that you didn't take any pictures of the weekend, the hot tub could have given you some keepers! I still enjoyed these pictures, the elk was the best!

Dave said...

Well Hali, since you took a bunch of pictures of us actually doing stuff, I figured I would cover the obscure crap category.